We are looking for a dynamic and hands-on VP People who is responsible for the employee experience, international talent management and corporate strategies. This is a critical role with the ultimate responsibility to attract, develop and engage the best talent in a very competitive and international environment across multiple offices (Antwerp, Ohio, Toronto, London, Vilnius).
We are a growing data science and behavioural change company that uses AI and machine learning algorithms to analyze low-level sensor data from smart objects in order to better understand human behavior and context. We believe AI has the power to improve people’s lives and we work with some of the biggest and most innovative companies in the world to make this mission a reality every day.
In order to do this we are constantly looking for the brightest people who represent our core employee values:
- CURIOSITY - You never stop asking - explore all possible angles - seek out different perspectives from those around you.
- OPENNESS - You have an open mind - listen to others - make yourself heard.
- GRIT - You will not be stopped. You are resourceful and relentless.
- INTEGRITY - You are trustworthy - can be counted on - take ownership of your actions.
- WEIRDNESS - You’re intrigued by what’s odd - embrace the eccentric - don’t take yourself too seriously.
Our team today counts over 60 highly skilled individuals and over 20 nationalities.
You will be based in our headquarter in Antwerp (Belgium) and be part of the Management team.
- You ensure the people agenda is aligned with the business goals.
- You lead the hiring efforts and continuously look for talent in an innovative and effective way. You have expertise in Employer Branding.
- You drive and improve key HR processes such as Performance management, Talent management, Employee retention, Leadership development, Internal Communications and Onboarding, providing clarity and connection for all employees and their role in relation to the overall vision.
- You help the teams be more successful by developing managers and team members personally and professionally.
- You coach managers and support them in becoming inspiring and inclusive leaders who bring out the best in their teams
- You drive and continue to develop Senticare, our new employee engagement program focused on a positive workplace, employee growth and wellbeing, both mental and physical of our people.
- You lead employee relations in a collaborative and ethical way.
- You show creativity when developing new ways to successfully connect with our teams in an increasingly dispersed environment.
Desired skills and expertise
- You have at least 5 years of relevant experience. We value a broad and innovative HR-mindset with a strong maturity, over just the years you’ve clocked.
- You master the ‘hard’ HR-domains, such as remuneration policy and HR-KPI’s
- You have experience in working in a small team, covering at least 50 staff, ideally in a technology industry.
- You should show evidence of a strategic approach to talent, moving the agenda forward and seeing the opportunities. Ideally you have experience in implementing HR strategy in an international market.
- You show business savviness and proactivity in getting to know the people, understanding the business and act as a true HR business partner.
- You are knowledgeable of the industry and potential competitors for talent.
- You inspire confidence and trust in the ability to deliver good outcomes for employees and the business.
- You are a credible leader and comfortable partnering with C-level executives.
- You supplement good instincts with a data-driven approach.
- You are fluent in English, culturally aware and enjoy a diverse and international environment.
What we offer
At Sentiance people come to have an impact and learn. You’ll be a part of an international team brought together by a culture of technical excellence, grit and integrity. You’ll find our compensation and rewards competitive.
You will join an inspiring hybrid work environment with high caliber colleagues located in different timezones and an engaging culture focused on your growth and wellbeing.
Lastly, expect an agile and flat structure, flexibility, and openness for the curious.
If you need to relocate for this job, we offer Visa sponsorship and relocation support.