Senior Software Engineer - Java
Location: Antwerp (Belgium), Toronto (Canada), Singapore
We are looking for the most ambitious and curious engineers in the field. You have had at least 5 years of work experience and have a passion for building state-of-the-art innovative computing infrastructures. You will be a part of our Engineering Team. Since we believe in great teamwork, you must be eager to learn and bring an energetic and creative approach to work. We are looking for someone like you if you are convinced that a fast-paced, high growth working environment would fit your skills.
- Sentiance aims to provide a resilient platform that serves as an insights engine on top of sensor data
- Attention to detail
- Uphold best practices in engineering, security, and design
- Enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different technical backgrounds
Task & Responsibilities
- You will develop maintainable, scalable, production-ready software components.
- You will implement components given requirements based upon analysis by the product owners and data engineers.
- You will perform unit and regression testing.
- You will set up CI/CD pipelines.
- You will perform root cause analysis, based on feedback from customers and colleagues
At Sentiance people come to have an impact and learn. You’ll be a part of an international team brought together by a culture of technical excellence, grit, and integrity. You’ll find our compensation and rewards competitive and of course, we have all the startup essentials: free drinks, snacks, flexibility. Better yet, expect an agile and flat structure, dynamic growth opportunities, and an openness for the curious.
- You have an academic degree (BSc or MSc) in computer science or a related field, complemented with a minimum of 3 to 5 years of working experience.
- You are a strong coder with extensive hands-on development experience in Java. You can write clean, effective code.
- You have work experience with microservice architectures.
- You have deep knowledge about the Java ecosystem, know which packages to use for which tasks, and which modules/libraries are accepted industry standards.
- You have extensive knowledge about the Java tooling with respect to building, correctness testing, checking code quality, and code coverage of the tests.
- You can properly structure your code supporting long term maintainability.
- You have experience in refactoring code to improve code structure.
- You have experience with profiling code to find bottlenecks and propose performance improvements.
- Knowledge of version control through git is essential.
- You know your way around the Linux operating system.
- You are fluent in English.
- You can work independently and take matters into your own hands.
- The ability to quickly learn new technologies and successfully implement them is essential.
- Work experience with event streaming platforms (e.g. Kafka).
- Work experience with implementing cloud-native solutions and AWS.
- Work experience with Docker.
- Work experience with CircleCI.
- Work experience with Graph and/or other NoSQL databases.
- Proficiency with other programming languages such as Python.
- Notions of machine learning and data mining.
- Experience with data visualization tools for debugging or analysis.