Quality Assurance Engineer
Location: Antwerp (Belgium), Toronto (Canada), or Vilnius (Lithuania)
We are looking for the most ambitious and curious engineers in the field. If you have at least two years of experience working as a Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer in a Mobile App environment and you are convinced that a fast-paced, high growth working environment would fit your skills, this position may be your next great adventure. You will work closely & interact with the Mobile Development Team and Back-end teams as your work will contribute directly to the overall quality of the Mobile App based services Sentiance is developing.
- Provide leadership in Release testing, defining test automation methodologies, strategies, standards, and tools for test automation.
- Participate in product development activities.
- Actively contribute to the setup and development of automated testing for mobile apps and back-end functionality.
- Extent and monitor infrastructure QA suite of tests.
- Take ownership of the release management of mobile app/play store pushes.
- Define, document, and run data-driven test cases. Analyze test results, identify bugs and perform root cause analysis
- Provide quality and usability feedback to the engineering teams through detailed bug reports. Assist with regression testing and give support to reproduce productions issues
- Participate in planning sessions and design reviews with the development teams, where you actively provide feedback and capture requirements for testing
The ideal candidate will bring an energetic and creative approach to their work and masters the following skillset.
Education and experience
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- You have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in Mobile software development as QA engineer.
- You have experience in working with mobile applications on iOS and Android from different manufacturers.
- Experience with test automation frameworks like Appium/Selenium/WebDriver
- Experience with CICD pipelines
- Proven coding skill in scripting and automation
Required technical skills
- You have a solid understanding of software QA methodologies, and processes.
- You have good knowledge of mobile platforms and mobile application deployment.
- You know how to run and automate mobile UI tests on emulators and real devices.
- You know how to record and replay gestures like swipe or scroll across multiple devices.
- You have notions of functional programming and knowledge in scripting or languages like Java or Python.
- You have knowledge of web technologies, back-end architectures, and cloud infrastructure.
Required personal skills
- You have extreme attention to detail and user experience.
- You are fluent in English.
- You are keen on thinking outside the box to support your own creativity.
- You are interested and able to learn new technologies quickly.
- You are able to work in an environment with rapidly changing priorities.
- You maintain high-quality standards but can find a balance between quality, flexibility, and timely delivery.
- You are a self-starter and able to work autonomously with minimal supervision.
What we offer
At Sentiance people come to have an impact and learn. You’ll be a part of an international team brought together by a culture of technical excellence, grit, and integrity. You’ll find our compensation and rewards competitive and of course, we have all the start-up essentials: free coffee, nuts, fruits, a ping pong table in Antwerp, and often home-baked goods. Better yet, expect an agile and flat structure, dynamic growth opportunities, flexibility, and an openness for the curious.
Please note we only provide work sponsorships for the Belgium location.