Machine Learning Engineer
Location: Antwerp (Belgium), Toronto (Canada), or Vilnius (Lithuania)
You are a seasoned software engineer with experience in machine learning. In particular, you have worked in a production environment. You will work closely with data scientists and mobile engineers in order to implement on-device data processing and machine learning pipelines.
MLEs assist data scientists in creating production-ready pipelines. Besides yielding high functional accuracy, our machine learning pipelines must be optimized with respect to CPU and memory footprint. In particular, you will port existing models from our cloud platform to our mobile platform taking into account all associated constraints.
MLEs assist mobile engineers in integrating the machine learning pipelines on our mobile production platforms (iOS and Android) in an efficient and battery-efficient way.
MLEs bridge the gaps between data scientists and engineers. They need to speak the language of both. They bring and consolidate new engineering knowledge into the data science team.
- You will work with GPS fixes and sensors
- You will optimize and deploy training and inference pipelines for predictions of low events/concepts (type of transports, home/work location) and human behaviour (commuting, sporting, shopping)
- You will create tools to improve the development of machine learning pipelines
- Your software development experience will allow you to closely collaborate with our Mobile, Full Stack, and Data Engineering teams to improve our models and data flows and push them through our release process
Desired skills and expertise
- You have a Masters degree in computer science or a related field
- You have a deep understanding of machine learning concepts such as clustering, supervised vs unsupervised learning
- You have knowledge in signal processing
- You have experience in software engineering and deployment to production
- You have experience with Python
- You can work independently and take matters into your own hands.
- You have the ability to critically interpret output quality based on quantitative analysis and tooling.
- You have experience in processing sensor data from mobile devices or wearables
- You have experience with TensorFlow
- You have experience in mobile programming, either on Android or iOS
- Full-stack engineering knowledge (JS, Rest, APIs…)
What we offer
- An inspiring hybrid work environment with smart colleagues located in different timezones
- An engaging culture supporting your growth and wellbeing
Please note we only provide work sponsorships for the Belgium location.