Junior Mobile Engineer - Android
Location: Antwerp (Belgium), Vilnius (Lithuania), or Toronto (Canada)
As a Junior Mobile Engineer you will work on one of the key components of the Sentiance platform to collect user behavior from their mobile devices to create meaningful insights.
The goal is to gather high-quality sensor data and perform on-device data processing with minimal impact on the user experience while respecting OS permissions and privacy.
Mobile Engineers are expected to have a solid understanding of SDK design best practices as wells as a proactive and data-driven mindset.
- Development of a mobile SDK (Android) to collect and detect user behaviour
- Processing of collected sensor data using AI technology (e.g. Tensorflow)
- Researching advancements of the supported mobile platforms
- Technically supporting customers
Required personal skills
- You are fluent in English
- You are able to work in an environment with rapidly changing priorities
- You maintain high-quality coding standards and can find a balance between quality, flexibility and timely delivery, without compromising on privacy / security
- You have good development experience in at least one of Java or Kotlin
- You are a self-starter, able to work efficiently and independently in a geographically distributed team
- Experience with modern software engineering practices
- Interest in working on low level interfaces to the OS
- Interest in optimising code
- Experience in background location-based app development.
- Experience in mobile SDK development.
- You have any experience with other mobile development environments (Android, React-Native, Xamarin, Cordova).
What we offer
- An inspiring hybrid work environment with smart colleagues located in different timezones
- An engaging culture supporting your growth and wellbeing
- The ability to use bleeding-edge technologies to capture and suggest context-sensitive information