IOS Mobile Engineer
The mission of the Mobile Engineer is, simply put, to collect high-quality data and perform on-device data processing with minimal use of CPU cycles, memory, and battery while respecting OS permission governance and user privacy. Therefore, it is not classic app development, but rather optimizing background processing through low-level APIs. iOS Mobile Engineers are expected to have a solid understanding of SDK design best practices, how iOS governs the background processes, optimizing sensor readings and network I/O, and have a data-driven mindset.
- Responsible for the implementation of the iOS build of the Sentiance SDK
- Technical analysis, develop a deep understanding of low-level Mobile APIs (scheduler, sensor handling, power management, …)
- Write technical documentation as part of the SDK documentation packs
- Participate in internal brainstorm sessions on SDK features
- Unit and regression testing, including test automation and QA
Desired skills and expertise
- You have an academic degree (BSc or MSc) in computer science or related field.
- You have 6 years of work experience or more in software development.
- You have experience programming in Objective-C or Swift.
- You demonstrated progression and growth as an iOS Developer through past assignments developing iOS applications.
- You have a working knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- You are experienced with and have a deep understanding of low-level iOS service and operating system calls.
- You have a thorough working knowledge and experience of native development on iOS (Core Services, Core OS).
- Data-driven thinker
Required personal skills
- You are fluent in English.
- You are able to work in an environment with rapidly changing priorities.
- You maintain high-quality coding standards and can find a balance between quality, flexibility and timely delivery, without compromising on security.
- You are able to influence people without direct authority.
- You can work independently and take matters into your own hands.
- Experience in background location-based app development.
- Experience in SDK development.
- You have any experience with other mobile development environments (Android, React-Native, Xamarin, Cordova).
To note, this location does provide work sponsorships