General Manager/Business Development - APAC
Sentiance is a global, purpose-driven, data science and behavioral change company - headquartered in Belgium - turning mobile sensor data into rich insights about people’s behavior and real-time context. These insights enable companies to understand how customers go through their everyday lives, discover and anticipate the moments that matter most, and adapt their engagement to real-world behavior and real-time context.
Smart Mobility, Connected Car, Usage-based Insurance, and hyper-personalisation in Fintech and Social Meda are some of the applications we’re working on today. Sentiance empowers the world’s leading companies to create personalized engagement services and products through intelligent contextual recommenders, delivering technology for a new human-centric economy where the user is in control of his data.
The General Manager for APAC will be our first person on the ground in the region and reports directly to the CEO at Sentiance. You will drive both our strategy and tactical business development programs to position Sentiance in East and South Asia, South East Asia, Japan and Oceania markets, next to servicing our existing clients in the region. You are part of the global business development team, helping to grow across industries (Insurance, Mobility, Wellbeing, Commerce).
Are you ready to be part of the data revolution and personalization storm, and join a vibrant team of more than 20 nationalities?
- Hands-on business development, client services and sales engineering to position Sentiance as prefered personalisation, contextualization and behavior change platform in APAC
- Shape, design, create and market our solution in the specific market segments
- You will be in charge of the go-to-market strategy supported by the marketing team
- Proactively seek new business opportunities and make sure the sales goals are met
- Keep detailed and timely records of all business development activities, prospect interactions and details of each deal in the company’s CRM system
- Attend conferences and industrial events in APAC and develop new business opportunities
- Promote the company’s products and solutions addressing or predicting the prospective clients’ business objectives
- Responsible for building trusting relationships with prospective clients in APAC
- Identify client needs and work closely with the product team and client team to customize appropriate products and solutions that meet prospective clients’ needs.
Desired Skills and Expertise
- You’re a hands on sales executive with experience in a scale-up tech environment
- You have entrepreneurial skills and sees opportunities in starting up a new region with us
- You have C-level negotiation skills in the consultative sales process.
- You have experience working in a rapidly expanding, high-paced environment with international colleagues.
- You are a strategic thinker with multi-segment marketing or product management skills.
- You have an energetic presence, and a hands-on approach in dealing with complex projects and you are keen on thinking outside the box to support your own creativity.
- Five or more years of industry experience with optimistic entrepreneurial spirit
- Excellent network in insurance, fintech, mobility and/or retail plus detailed knowledge of the APAC market and industry trends, competitors and leading customer strategies in at least one of the relevant business areas.
- You have experience in defining the positioning and messaging for new and emerging technologies and services.
- Result-oriented. You are optimistic and excellent in communicating to customers, prospects, and partners to reach sales goals.
- You are a savvy relationship builder within the B2B high-tech space.
- You have excellent communication skills in English. APAC local languages are a plus.
What we offer
- An inspiring hybrid work environment with smart colleagues located in different timezones
- An engaging culture supporting your growth and wellbeing