Full Stack Engineer - React Native
Locations: Antwerp (Belgium), Toronto (Canada), or Singapore
We are looking for the most ambitious and curious engineers in the field. If you have at least 2 years of experience working as a Full Stack Engineer or Front End Engineer and you are convinced that a fast-paced, high growth working environment would fit your skills, this position may be a good fit for you. You will be part of the team developing mobile apps and self-service dashboard visualising and managing data.
- Sentiance aims to provide great interfaces and high-quality user experiences to understand and analyze the lifestyle, driving behaviour data and application interaction data.
- Enjoy being a generalist working on user interfaces, front end, native/hybrid technologies, and anything it takes to solve problems and delight users
- Uphold best practices in engineering, security, and design
- Attention to detail and user experience.
- Take pride in working on projects to successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies and systems
- Enjoy working with a diverse group of people, with a different technical background and focus
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Building and improving our mobile app experience
- Contribute and add value across the entire codebase
- Creating, maintaining and shipping end-to-end social media-related features
- Collaborating with designers to develop beautiful interfaces that look great and run smoothly
- Work on our public and private APIs for making data accessible in a secure and performant manner
- Occasionally support the API team on API development
- Work with data engineers and scientists to track and monitor data quality
Desired skills and expertise
- You have a degree (BSc or MSc) in computer science or related field, complemented with a minimum of 2 years working experience
- Solid knowledge of modern TypeScript conventions and patterns
- Proven experience with React (Native)
- Proficient with the Node.js ecosystem
- You have experience with various testing patterns and supporting frameworks
- Strong understanding of GraphQL and RESTFul services' conventions and architecture
- You care about the user experience and are able to implement pixel perfect designs using Styled Components or similar frameworks
- You can work independently and take matters into your own hands.
- You have experience building user-facing products
- The ability to quickly learn new technologies and successfully implement them is essential
- You take pride in delivering qualitative, maintainable and performant features
- Proven experience working on the architecture of large Front End codebases
- Experience with modern design related frameworks and tools like Styled Components, Design Systems, and Figma
- Notions of functional programming patterns in modern Front End environments
- Work experience with (relational or NoSQL) databases
- Bridging in React Native
- Configuring and improving CI/CD pipelines for modern Front End environments
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and end-to-end feature implementation
- Happy to work with (anything).js
- Experience creating, maintaining and shipping social media-oriented mobile applications
What we offer
At Sentiance people come to have an impact and learn. You’ll be a part of an international team brought together by a culture of technical excellence, grit, and integrity. You’ll find our compensation and rewards competitive and of course, we have all the start-up essentials: free coffee, nuts, fruits, a ping pong table in Antwerp, and often home-baked goods. Better yet, expect an agile and flat structure, dynamic growth opportunities, flexibility, and an openness for the curious.