Behavioral Data Scientist
At Sentiance, we are using AI and behavioral science in order to improve people’s life. In particular, we are building the next generation of behavioral change platform based on mobile sensing and user context. Transparency is paramount to us - use cases have to be beneficial for both business and users. From leading a healthier life, decreasing ecological footprints, or safer driving; we can measure many behaviors through mobile sensing and optimize digital interventions using our contextualization engine.
You want to be part of this fast-pacing and innovative environment? Do you have a passion for AI and tech on one side and psychology on the other side? Do you have a background in a quantitive field and strong knowledge in human science methodology? Join the Sentiance team as a Behavioral Data Scientist. You’ll be part of the data science team, and you’ll collaborate closely with the engineering, behavioral science, and product teams.
Combine data from the Sentiance platform to measure offline and online user behavior.
Design and validate digital intervention experiments.
Work with behavioral scientists to design behavioral change models.
Optimize our adaptive behavioral change engine to maximize behavioral change outcomes using rule engines or reinforcement learning.
Be the link between machine learning engineers and behavioral scientists.
Report results both in technical and non-technical terms.
Desired Skills and Expertise
- Master (Ph.D. preferred) in a quantitive field involving concepts such as machine learning, psychometrics, biostatistics, neuroscience, or related
- Experience in data analysis or data science, preferably in the field of behavioral science
- Proficient in Python and SQL
- Understanding of machine learning
- Experience in the design, evaluation, and implementation of experiments (e.g. for product design)
- Quantitative mindset through statistical analysis and visualization
- Data-driven and product-oriented
- Able to work with different functions such as engineers, scientists, and product owners
- Fluent in English
- You have worked with graph ontologies and graph databases such as Neo4J
- You have experience in productizing machine learning pipelines
- You are knowledgeable in Behavioral Economics or Behavior Change
- Interest in reinforcement learning
What we offer
At Sentiance people come to have an impact and learn. You’ll be a part of an international team brought together by a culture of technical excellence, grit and integrity. You’ll find our compensation and rewards competitive and of course, we have all the start-up essentials: free coffee, nuts, fruits, a ping pong table in Antwerp, and often home-baked goods. Better yet, expect an agile and flat structure, dynamic growth opportunities, flexibility, and an openness for the curious.